Originally Posted by jorgeI
In all our years at my wife's place in the S Central PA mountains 9Rothrock state forest), I've never seen any. Wife is up there with her dad and our two mini Aussies and almost got bagged by it. Heard the rattle (she said it sounded like a faucet running) and the dogs alerted. She dispatched the FIRST one on Wednesday and AGAIN another yesterday. Both were pretty big (14 rattles on this one). She bagged them both with the duty 22 Ruger pistol smile

[Linked Image]

You PA residents get many of these?

I live right next to Rothrock and Bald Eagle on 322 side, so that is where I walk the dogs and hunt. Yep it is a heavy year for them. The females pop out young ones right now, and others are breeding, so there is lot of snake movement in September. Lot of chipmunks this year so I guess good feeding. I generally dont kill them but my best friend kills every one, every time.
Another friend got bit by one in Bellefonte quarry, and naturally he got the anti venom at Mt. Nittany. His arm still swelled like a balloon, I thought it was going to blow up, but it eventually healed up.
Lots of bob cats the last few years in Rothrock, got many on the trail cams.
Great place to live.