Mine is a tang safety Ruger Ultralight. It wears a Vari-X ll 2-7x32 Loopy. The rifle is in a very used condition with much of the bluing missing from the barrel and the stock has numerous scratches and dings. When I got it the stock had a hard clear finish that had cracked with age so I hit it with paint stripper and took it off. I then rubbed in oil by hand to the wood and it brought the walnut up a pleasing reddish colour. Despite its looks the little rifle still shoots under an inch with just about every 100gn bullet I load in it. I found the 100gn Ballsitic Tip a little hard at 2770 fps out of the 20 inch barrel. Pigs tended to run off a ways before going down and I once shot two pigs with the one 100gn BT. I now load the 100gn Hornady SP and find it kills much better on every thing from foxes to pigs. I have not taken a deer with it yet. Despite the 20 inch barrel I load 39gn H4350 with any 100gn bullet and found that that powder gave me better velocity than either H4895 or Varget.

Attached Images
Pig495.JPG (79.51 KB, 276 downloads)