Originally Posted by Judman
They all fail, wonder what the real number of nightforce/leupold, leupold/swfa, 1000-1, maybe higher?? Run whatcha brung...
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Everything has a failure rate. However, the difference between a Leupold- any Leupold, and a Nightforce- any Nightforce is worlds apart. That is not a guess. It is not based on seeing a couple of scopes. It is not based on what scope I like. It is not based on opinion. It is based on hundreds of scopes from each being measured and used. In an average year I will directly see 40-50 Leupolds shot and tested. Well over half will have total failures. In that same year I will see twice as many Nightforces and the failure rate has been 0% for the last decade.

The sniper weapon system optic with highest failure in modern (post 70’s) US military history is the 3.5-10x40 M3LR with near 25% failure rate. The scope with lowest failure rate in US mil issuance history is the Nightforce 3.5-15x50 NXS F1 at less than 1%. Those “failure” rates are from SWS’s being turned in for repair.