Originally Posted by Clarkm
Originally Posted by MadMooner
I’ve used Leupold scopes for 50 years and only had one fail.

The other one works just fine.......

laugh

I have collected 50 Leupolds over the last 25 years and had one fail.
I milled out a slim scope rail from an AR15 riser. It cantilevered back over a Mosin Nagant receiver. The recoil made the scope shake up and down like a diving board. It shook the reticle loose and it fell down. Leupold sent me a new scope. The failed scope was a Vari-x-ii 2x7 and they sent me a new VX-I 2x7. I put an aftermarket elevation turret on that new scope and shot 5 deer in 2008.

My father was a gun designer for military contracts. The sight adjustments he designed were split gear, so there was no backlash. There is nothing like that in a sporting rifle scope turret. I have seen enough backlash is my lathe, mill, and Grover guitar tuners that I soon find if I want approach and adjustment clockwise or counterclockwise to be loading the spring. As seen in my above video, I cannot find backlash with the Leupold turrets. With the Leupold Zero point I can probably resolve 1/4 ~1/2 moa. With a simple screw and a spring in consumer scopes, there must be some backlash, I just can't see it.

It was a joke, Clark!

Come on fellas. It ain’t that early. Lol.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”