My neighbor can over yesterday asking to borrow my torque wrench and boresighter to remount his older glossed VX3 3.5-10x40 on a Browning BAR.

He’d had it mounted on an old Remington 7mag for the last 20 years. Since upgrading to a VX5 scope for his 7mag, he wanted to repurpose the VX3 on his BAR....But, the scopes elevation wouldn’t track...He’d turn the turret up and the crosshairs wouldn’t move, then all of a sudden, it would start creeping up slightly, until he’d run out of elevation.

He sends the scope to Leupold and 1.5 weeks later he’s at my door asking for tools and a boresighter. I’m helping and I see the same issues happening that caused him to send the scope in for repairs...Neighbor is now ultra pissed. I just shrugged and said, “Well you got 20 good years out of it.”

He comes back tonight to tell me he called Leupold today and they said they checked his scope and it was within their specifications for accurate tracking. He asked them what exactly was that supposed to mean, being the turret gets turned but the crosshairs don’t move until he’s almost out of adjustment...The Leupold CS dude said that’s how the scope works...Neighbor is looking at me with disbelief and frustration...

I asked what he said to the guy after that answer. He said I asked who makes a good scope? The Leupold dude said Nightforce. LMFAO!

😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”