Originally Posted by memtb
Originally Posted by Jevyod
Originally Posted by memtb
Originally Posted by Jevyod
Wow I would be grouchy if i had to drink most of what you all drink. I am a self-confessed coffee-holic. I roast my own green coffee beans, and don't let it get much beyond 2 weeks old. I also grind what I need each morning, and make the coffee in a French press. Right now I am drinking Costa Rica Tarrazu La Minita. Smooth coffee, roasted fairly dark. Just makes me smile! Sorry if that makes me a snob! Oh, and black of course.

“ l’ll see you and raise you”! I grow my own Arabica Beans, hand-picked by lovely Colombian ladies, roasted in a large brick oven, hand ground by a “student of the art”, percolated to the proper color and ph, and served at 131 degrees F, in imported China Cups! grin Your not “snobbish”......Nothing wrong with settling for less than the best! memtb

Ok you win!! I would love to be able to raise my own, process it, roast it, and drink it. But I can't. But i do have a good source for green coffee, organic, and as much as possible, fair trade. Most comes from co-ops that work together. It is just hard to beat a good fresh roast coffee. I can usually taste when it is getting old, usually around 2 weeks. It is like somebody told me once, treat coffee like a food. Would you eat bread that has been sitting out for 3 weeks....uh no. Same with my coffee! If I can't roast my own, I usually look for some other local roasted coffee, especially paying attention to the roasted date. Not the (expiration date).

Jevryod, I hope that you know that I was just “messing with you”! Hell, I do my handloading with a “turret” press....Oh the horror! memtb

Ha, you had me for a bit! Didn't think you could raise coffee in your location, but thought maybe you had a plantation in Columbia or something!

Last edited by Jevyod; 09/23/19.

......the occasional hunter wielding a hopelessly inaccurate rifle, living by the fantastical rule that this cartridge can deliver the goods, regardless of shot placement or rifle accuracy. The correct term for this is minute of ego.