20 years of so ago, I was working in south Louisiana, with a fellow that lived in La., but he and 2 other fellows had a lease in Ms. Ms. at that time was 'no baiting', I don't know about now. Anyway, these 3 had been buying corn for almost a month and instead of piling it up, like at Slummy's, they were scattering it. Called themselves hiding it in the leaves, and it is harder to see. They even found a hollow stump and put the empty sacks in the stump. Didn't want to be seen in Ms. with empty corn sacks. Built themselves 3 nice stands, and according to my friend, they had deer all over the place.

We had to work one Sat. and that was the day they usually put out corn. My friend was talking about how bad he wanted to be out with his friends up at the lease. Heard this all day. Well, we came to work Sun. and his story had changed. He was telling us how glad he wasn't at the lease the day before. Seems his friends put out the corn, hid the sacks, walked back to the truck, and there stood the GW. He asked them how they was doing and asked them if they had permission to be on the property. The produced the lease papers and said they was just looking around. Then the GW told them they had been baiting with corn and proceeded to take them to all 3 stands and the stump with the empty sacks. Needless to say, they was busted, but the GW told them that it wasn't against the law to feed the wildlife. However all the feed had to be removed 2 weeks before hunting the area and that he would personally check the area, if they hunted there. And, if he found even 1 kernel of corn, he would write them up.

Season opened the next weekend and they had to scramble to move their stands. My friend said he was not going to hunt that place that year, afraid there might be a kernel of corn missed by the deer and squirrels.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21