Years ago this was.

We had a Sept 1-20 moose season. On he Refuge, using a plane to hunt moose by landing on lakes the first 10 days was verboten. 11-20, OK

State Trooper Sgt would fly in on the 6th or 7th on a "fishing trip" to a lake about 4 miles from the road - perfectly legal. And fly out the 11th or 12th with his moose, often shot on the 8-10th. He thought he was all alone out there. He wasn't. I heard the shots, monitored and recorded the planes (with tail numbers if I could get them), etc, tho I never attempted to get an eye on him. No hard evidence, therefor....

I reported the situation every year to both Troopers. (GW are also Troopers) and USF&W refuge officers, and after about 4 years it stopped. USF&W LEO's, I suspect, maybe had a talk with him.

He was using the same technique I was using, to get in there before "airplane season", to hunt the country before the airplane [bleep] could target the moose they had spotted from the air in the few days previous (also legal- if they didn't fly and shoot same day . and some did.) Then come the 11th, we could fly our meat out.

The diff was that I walked in and hunted legally, and he was cheating, in direct violation of USF&W regulations.

And it pissed me off.

Last edited by las; 09/24/19.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.