Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
I would replace the OEM CZ trigger with a Timney or equivalent. MIM stuff breaks, which makes me a bit nervous with a true DG rifle. I know others will chime in and say it's OK. May work for them.

YMMV, but that's how I feel. Not hearsay, this happened to me.

And I like the trigger positioned further back in the trigger guard. Timney does that.

DF

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I don't recall the exact post but dint you say this breakage was due to improper stock removal or something where it got bound up? Not accusing you of anything just curious.

I have 3 550s currently including my every day shooter and have had zero issues with the trigger once adjusted and id not be joking to say its been fired 5000 times. I also am not a fan of MIM parts...but I'm wondering if there was a casting flaw in yours. Ruger triggers are MIM IIRC and seem pretty stout...but to my original point about the cz trigger is that it is an open design and remains as such if replaced with a aftermarket unit.

I made a post asking for opinions some time back as i was curious about their reputation. It seems there is not a lot of 550s in use with members of this forum.

Last edited by Quak; 09/30/19.

GOD Bless America