When using stick powders I don't rely on throwing charges. I throw charges about 0.5gn under and then trickle up with a powder trickler. I too have got irregular charges with the stick powders and it gets worse as the granules/logs get bigger (ADI 2209, 2213sc, 2217 and Re19 etc.). I've found if a log jams then if I apply a bit of force to cut it the charge goes up 0.2-0.3gn. If I back the handle back a bit and have another go then the powder settles a bit more and I get a higher charge. So I like to throw a lighter charge and trickle up. Then sometimes I throw a charge that is 0.7 gn under for some reason. I just done trust thrown charges with stick powders. I don't have one of those baffle thingies that is supposed to help the powder flow more consistently.

Winchester ball powders and some of the faster ADI powders (Benchmark 1 and 2) which have very small stick granules and flow just like ball powders I tend to rely on thrown charges but usually cut my charges 1/2 grain from max just to be sure. I've had my Hornady thrower for about 20 years now so the above comments are based on 20 years reloading experience. I also don't mind the extra time. I tend to treat handloading as a hobby (like tying flies) so the extra step of trickling powder doesn't worry me. I like to wait for a nice rainy day and then potter round in my loading room.