Unless I'm loading only a few cases, all my powder charges (including stick powders) have been measure-thrown for many years.

Part of the worry many handloaders have over thrown charges is due to a conviction that a slight difference in the Magic Powder Charge for their rifle will result in "fliers." But other factors are far more important than, say, half a grain of powder, especially in magnum-sized big game cartridges holding more than .30-06-sized cases.

Most hunters would be far better off worrying about case-neck thickness variations, seated bullet alignment, or velocity variations due to heat/cold than miniscule variations in powder charge. But that's not the way many think, probably because their handloading mentors emphasized "precise" powder charges. One of the older handloaders I knew in my 20's would even cut a granule of IMR4350 in two, to balance the scale "perfectly."

The other factor, of course, is that so many handloaders accept the notion of precisely weighed powder charges being extremely important to accuracy that they've never actually tested whether it's true.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck