Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
If a .5 variance is insignificant, answer me this. Folks often post ladder test results here and see appreciable differences within a .5g range. What gives?

The appreciable differences your seeing are most often caused from other factors, wrong powder, wrong primer, runout, etc, etc........ This is a short answer to a complicated question but in a nutshell if your seeing appreciable differences with a small change in powder charge there is a problem somewhere and it isn't the powder charge IME

It is possible to see an appreciable difference if you went from the edge of a node to out of the node however once you have achieved a load that is in the middle of a node .5 grain of powder isn't enouph to put you out of the node. I'm basing my reply off of the assumption that were talking about .5 grain of powder effecting a proper load at reasonable distances.

With a good load Ive not seen much that can be noticed even at 500 yds which is further than most hunters ever shoot

Last edited by Trystan; 10/04/19.

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field