Centershot: Wind (and snow!) finally settled down a bit today and I made a dash for my friends private 100 yard range with my new (to me) CZ 455.
This Rifle has the Burris 4.5x14 variable scope on it and the excellent trigger that must have been worked on by the previous owner.
Anyway had three types of ammunition along to test but only needed to try my "old standby" ammo the Hornady 17 gr. V-Max stuff, that shoots so well in all my other 17 HMR's.
First group (after sight adjustments) at 100 yards measured a VERY respectable .788" (for 5 shots!).
I almost put the nifty little Rifle away and headed back home (it was cold at 27 degrees).
I am glad I didn't.
The next group (5 shots at 100 yards) measured .505"!
That grouping was the second best group I have ever fired at 100 yards with a rimfire Rifle using "Hunting ammo".
And I have been shooting groups with rimfire ammo for well over 50 years now.
I could NOT be happier with the CZ 455 and the Burris 4.5x14!
If I really wanted to be picky about the scope, the parallax at 100 yards was completely nullified with a setting on the adjustable objective corresponding to the 125 yards "mark" on the adjustable objective.
I can live with that.
I have recently purchased (at a gunshow) another Burris 4.5x14 variable scope exactly like the one on this CZ 455. I mounted it this evening on my CZ 452 in 17 HMR and removed the Leupold 4.5x14 and will save the Leupold for a foul weather big game Hunting Rifle.
I will have to re-test the CZ 452 again, maybe as soon as tomorrow.
If you recall I only shot the CZ 452 at 50 yards on the original range trip and it shot about .600" there at 50 yards (5 shot groups) in very poor conditions. And I only tested one type of ammo that day.
If I get out tomorrow I will try 3 types of ammo in the CZ 452.
I guess I am becoming a CZ kinda guy.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy