Yes the safety is different on the 452, 453, and 455. My thought is that my rim fire is not intended to take dangerous game, and so there is no need to keep it cocked and locked. I hunt grouse with mine, and put a loaded magazine in the well, after I have closed the action on an empty chamber. Doesn't take very long to rack one in if a shot presents itself, and if the shot is not taken, lift the bolt handle, drop the mag, and work the bolt to the rear. Always safe. Unless you're after grizzly bear with the rim fire.

At the range, same drill. Rifle is not cocked until I intend to shoot .......... Same drill if there is a cease fire ...... bolt lifted, mag dropped, bolt to the rear. But I do that same thing with my centre fire rifles as well as my handguns. My issued side arm for many years was a Sig P229 DAO. Carried one chambered, 12 in the mag. When taking it off after tour was complete, drop the mag with the pistol holstered. Draw with finger out of the trigger guard, and rack the action, locking the slide back. Check the chamaber, inspect the feed path. Install trigger lock. Safe weapon.

I have a CZ453 American in 22LR and it shoots very well. Set trigger which I usually don't use. The standard trigger breaks so clean and nearly movement free is set at about 2 pounds or a tad less. Son in law has a 452 American, also in 22LR. Also shoots very well. Neither of us has ever had an issue with the safety, because we rarely if ever use it.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith