I talked to a lady at Target Sports and she said a lot of people think they are just pocketing the extra money since the law was not really in effect when they started charging it.

I said it is suspicious that you would charge it before it's required. She said it's inevitable that it's coming. I said why would you charge it before you have to, no wonder people are suspicious. I also asked how they were going to handle all the paperwork. She said they were getting some new software that automated it. I asked how are you handling it now without the software. She just mumbled something I couldn't understand. Put me in the suspicious that they are just keeping it for now catagory.

A business must meet an annual sales amount in a state before they have to collect. The threshold in Idaho is $100,000 a year in sales to Idaho. I wonder how many smaller businesses meet it. I wonder if Target Sports sells $100,000 a year worth of ammo in Idaho. I'm the only one I know here that orders from them and I don't buy that much.

Bb

Last edited by Burleyboy; 10/03/19.