Originally Posted by jacare
I usually only keep two of the windows open, with perhaps a crack in the other two for an emergency shot. If the deer see that shadow in the middle move, they're out of there. With your back shaded, they most likely won't see you. I wear dark colors and still cover my face.

I haven't experienced blast any more noticeable in a hut. I often do wear sound enhancing muffs, which cut once a certain decibel range is reached. My beef with huts is that it seems much darker than if you had just sat against a tree or in a tree stand toward dusk or dawn. Deer DO notice them if not placed early and brushed in. If it's been there a week or two, they ignore it. Is nice when it rains.

Raking the floor area really helps in keeping down noise too. They're pretty comfortable and I wish you success.

There may be exceptions for example, In farm country where round bales appear and disappear even some of the willest bucks do not know the difference between them and a ground blind. I have placed a ground blind out in an open field one day and shoot a bow or gun out of it the next day.

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime