Originally Posted by johnw
Originally Posted by gophergunner
My heart issues necessitate me staying on the ground these days. No more tree stand hunting due to some balance issues. I bought one of those hub blinds for this fall and am looking forward to trying it for gun and ML season. What's been other's experience with these? This one's tall enough I can stand up in it to stretch, and has windows on all four sides. I won't be shooting through the mesh, I'll keep all four windows open. How loud is it inside one of these when the gun goes off? Thinking I might take my muffs and hopefully have time to get them on before the shot.

I use them occasionally and have good results.

I cut inverted V's in the mesh and let the cut strip hang inside the blind. This keeps the mesh in place to mask movement, and allows you to stick a rifle barrel out to shoot. I usually do 4-5 cuts per window.

I also offset how I open my windows, and sit in a darkened corner of the blind with no light behind me. Common sense stuff and you'll figure it out quickly.

I also put an area rug in it to keep chair legs from sinking into soft soil, and the deaden the sound of grass or twigs under my boots.

I like the idea of the inverted V gun ports. Think I'll be trying that. A question-everyone says to wear dark colored clothing inside the blind. Does this cause issues with the hunter organge requirements? Here in Minnesota we have to wear at least an orange vest and an orange hat.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla