Agree with the others about having too much window cross section open so that the inside of the blind is well lit. If your blind does not have a black coating on the inside, be careful about setting up where you will be backlit by the sun when deer are out and about. Use an opaque tarp or lots of brush on the back side where the sun strikes the blind. I spooked a doe at 80 yards because the late afternoon sun backlit me perfectly and she could see my outline when I moved.

I too like sitting in a dark corner looking out windows open diagonally across the blind. If your spot has the potential for deer at 5 yards, consider taking a handgun for close in side shots with minimal shuffling around.

Stake it down around the bottom and use the guy lines too. I use large plastic tent stakes rather than the metal rod stakes that come with the blind. If you set up under a larger tree, tie the top of the hub blind to an overhanging branch. Or use an adjustable tent pole in the center when you leave the blind in snowy weather. Popping up a collapsed top knocks all that camo snow off the blind!

If you think you might have a shot with the muzzle inside the blind, take some muffs or other ear protection. I would rather stick the muzzle out the window. I always have a tripod with a yoke in the blind and sometimes a bipod at the alternate window. The tripod eats up floor space but I rest the rifle on it even when not about to shoot. With the forend on the yoke and the butt on a leg or in my lap, I can glass, eat a snack, grab a drink, read a book and still not have to move much for a shot.

Oh, and don't forget a relief bottle with a tight screw cap!

Last edited by Aagaardsporter; 10/04/19. Reason: add