You're very welcome. Obviously, I just offered a few high points.

Another "wind story". A few years ago .22 benchrest was included in our annual state sport Games. Several shooters got bitten by the benchrest bug, and ran out and bought Anschutz .22 target rifles. For the most part, they didn't buy scopes that were of the same level as their rifles, but that's another story and there has been a learning curve. At the time most didn't realize that Anschutz isn't a go-to brand for serious benchrest, but that too is another story, having to do with the learning curve.

Anyhow, with that as background, I was on the range one day and a guy was shooting his brand new Anschutz and frustrated with his groups. His 50 yard vertical was little more that a bullet diameter but his horizontal was around 3/4". So he's going on about that angle adjustment of the Anschutz trigger, wondering if he should move it. Meanwhile, I'm watching the wind, and noting that it is light but shifting from side to side. The poor guy was oblivious. In the years since then that whole group has learned a lot, but a lot of them still underestimate the importance of wind. BTW, if you search online there are some nice little "clock" charts showing the effects of wind speed and direction on bullet impact, nice to print out and take to the range for reference.

You're on the right track. Keep having fun.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.