Originally Posted by LJBass
I keep thinking about getting a Honda Recon 250 for farm work. Any reason to pick something else?

I'll mostly be checking cows and packing around fencing supplies, wouldn't think i'ld need much. On the other hand, I haven't even priced the difference in a 250 and 400.

For farm work, I'd get the solid axle rancher or foreman. They both can pack some serious weight and pull a trailer. I've seriously overloaded mine, more than a few times. I think all the newer ones have fuel injection. Power steering is nice. I'd pass on independent suspension for work. I had a foreman I used to snow plow with, still have the rancher with plow for narrow spots I can't get with my SxS. As a side note, my older carbed foreman would start in the cold way better than my fuel injected rancher. Even at -30 that foreman would fire first try. The fuel injected rancher is bit cold blooded and needs to warm up a bit. My fuel injected Can Am 's have all started easy in the cold also, not sure about any other Honda's.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne