Originally Posted by walt501
The close to geriatric group that posts here on the Fire would have good luck with any machine because their version of of off-roading is running up and down a trail and waving at the grand kids as they go by. So for them, any machine is going to be reliable ANY machine.

But -

If you plan on going where is gets rough, like dropping your machine into hidden sink holes multiple times in one day and having to winch yourself out, then a Honda isn't going to cut it. I know because I've done it on my Honda Rincon. At 3200 miles it took over $700 to fix all the problems. Reliable? Only if you wave at the grand kids - see above.

For riding in and through the rough stuff, there is only one machine that can really handle it. Polaris. I own a Sportsman 850 and I can tell you - from experience - that it can do what the others can't.

I encourage you to watch all the mud pit videos you like on YouTube and over and over again you'll see there is one brand that can make it through the pit. Polaris.

And since you want to buy American and keep your money working in America, a goal of the President YOU voted for, there is only one brand that has its headquarters in the USA and also has its stock listed on the NYSE. Polaris.

I like Honda’s ,but have faith in Yamaha and Kawasaki (mule) as well. I believe Polaris is a pile of junk however.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]