My "new to me" 6.5x55mm from Tradeex - lots of pix

I haven't taken it apart yet, but first impressions are important. I am hopeful that it looks as good under the wood, and of course, that it shoots. There is some work to do to clean everything up.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

It is a 1943 Husqvarna with a 580mm (22.8 inch) stepped barrel. It weighs 7.5 lb and the trigger pull is 3 lb, but it's that clunky Mauser type. I'll worry about that later. If the trigger doesn't impair the shooting, it will remain.

The outward appearance suggests that it has been in storage for a while. Basically, it's dirty. The bore is great. crisp rifling with virtually no wear. The finish shows handling, but no pitting, rust or gouges.

It is drilled and tapped, and came with inexpensive aluminum Weaver bases, made in Japan. I'm not sure how old they are, but the screws are in good shape and will clean up well.

The wood is wonderful. I am not sure what it is, walnut probably, and it's in good shape. A little TLC will help here to get rid of the dirt, sticky labels and stains.

I wish this rifle could talk. I think that it was cut down at one time for someone of smaller stature, and repaired later. You can definitely see the fix, but it was well done, with no unsightly seam or size difference between the two pieces.

There is a foresight, but no rear sight.

For what I paid, this is a steal. And again, I'd like to thank all the people who purchased 6.5 Creedmoors. For $250 ($190USD), it's a huge bargain!

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada