I got the rifle all cleaned up last night. She turned out very nice. She has that 1960s clean, sporter look. Neither the metal, nor the stock needed refinishing. The wood didn't need anything other than some Murphys, and cleaning off the preservative that stuck to it from the metal. I'm not sure when Tradeex got it, but it has definitely been sitting for a while. There was some powder residue in the barrel, chamber and area. I scrubbed it out and there doesn't seem to be any pitting or corrosion anywhere.

The trigger is intriguing. I asked about this in the Mauser forum, but it appears that a previous owner did some work on it. It has a slooow lock time, as most Mausers do, but the trigger breaks at 3 lb. and has what I am told is a home made safety. (The armadillo shaped metal piece and assy in the above pic.)

I put a Burris FFII 3x9 scope on it. The rifle weighs 8 lb. 6 oz. I have some 140 gr. Hornady SSTs here, and a box of discontinued Sierra 160s that I will try. Recoil will be about 13 ft/lb.

For those of you that live near a Cabelas, there are some powders on sale. I bought some IMR 7828 for $44.99 yesterday.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]