Steve;
Good afternoon - or evening in Ontario I suppose - to you sir, I hope the day was a good one for you and this finds you and yours well.

As you might already know, we've been playing with 96 Swede rifles since the early '80's and as such would use whatever brass we could lay hands on. Off the top of my head there is Imperial, Privi Partisan, Remington and some resized .257 Roberts brass in the old batches.

The 96 that I'd built for my late father, which subsequently went to our daughter, digested one and all without an observable stutter.

When I was suitably impressed enough with her kills on local mulie and whitetail bucks that I had a near new Swede military barrel grafted into a 98 action for my own use, I picked up a bunch of Lapua brass as well as a batch of Hornady to be held in reserve.

As the 98 was a commercial between the wars action, I've no idea what it was originally chambered for, but since I've owned it I've had an '06 barrel first, then a .270 and now the 6.5x55. Feeding and extraction are like butter on a warm August Okanagan afternoon Steve! wink

In our experience, if using it on game, the Swede with it's fast twist seems to dote on monolithic copper bullets, giving similar performance on deer sized animals as we were seeing with 180gr bullets in an '06.

Anyway, we like the Swede out here in our part of the world Steve and expect you'll find it an easy cartridge to get along with as well.

All the best to you all as we head into winter.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"