Steve;
Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it.

Way back in the day when we started shooting stuff with the Swede, we found 140 Hornady were fine, as were 140 Partitions.

We did however find that a couple different 120gr bullets came apart way too quickly. I was talking about this to someone - I want to say greydog - who is a gunsmith I respect a lot - anyway if it wasn't him it was someone else who felt that the deep groove military barrels could be a little hard on some bullet jackets.

When our eldest daughter inherited the Swede I'd built for her grandfather - my late father - I wanted the girls to break at least one shoulder and both if possible - as some of the country we hunt tends to get vertical pretty fast and a runner can make the difference between retrieval in hours or days. As mentioned the 130gr TSX has proven to always give an exit on the deer she's hit, one even breaking the knuckle of the scapula on the way out.

One memorable hunt that illustrated that was a buddy's grand old mulie buck that pitched off a cliff, bounced once and broke half the antler off one side and then wedged into a tree with a forked base. We did find the antler and since we were back packing the deer out anyway, it didn't matter it was solidly jammed into the trees. I want to say it was the first time I did a "gutless" method of taking an animal apart - more or less...

On the 160's, I was present when a regular sized black bear was hit with a 160gr Hornady Round Nose and it came unglued in spectacular fashion - but again that's a sample of one.

Anyway, as always there's a multitude of roads to Mecca and our way isn't the sole path by any stretch.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"