Originally Posted by carbon12
Originally Posted by 458Win

My daily wear knife is either a custom copy of the case built by a friend, or one of the old Gerber minimags. I have worn out half a dozen of those.

What is it about the old Gerber Minimag that you you like? I've one that I bought in the 1970s and only use it as a trout knife. The blade shape and Armorhide handle seem perfect for that chore. Consequently, it has not had hard use since cutting small fish is not much of a challenge for hardened tool steel.

I have worn one virtually daily ever since I returned from Vietnam and they are a useful as a kitchen pairing knife, hold and edge very well, very tough and can be bent almost 60% without breaking or warping and with the Lamb grip fit the hand well and don't slip when wet or bloody.
Plus they were never expensive and as I wore them down they seemed to get better. I have worn out maybe 8 or 10 and am down to my last three.

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master Guide,
Alaska Hunter Ed Instructor
FAA Master pilot
www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is not effective has either not used one, or else is unwittingly commenting on their marksmanship.