Originally Posted by Godogs57
I’ve made a lot of knives for folks on here. I’d like to think it was “beauty” that first caught their eye...that’s one of my goals with each knife, certainly. But it goes much deeper than that. Utilizing good steel is job 1 for me. Good steel, heat treated and tempered properly. Only then can you expect to get the best performance from that blade. My most recent personal knife gutted, skinned, quartered an antelope then an elk. I cleaned it up a few days ago and put it away. It was still shaving hair and the edge had never been retouched once. Credit the steel for that ...

Lots of mass produced knives do NOT utilizethe same steel as we knife makers use. Most of it will be foreign (China) made steel. It won’t hold up.

Our handmade knives will certainly run more than the Walmart specials but you get much more for your $ with a handmade knife....some folks are perfectly happy with a Havelon knife. If so, I’m happy for you. But, there’s a pride of ownership experience that you’ll never get to see.

Lots of good makers work shown here....check us out.

i have a friend who makes custom knives. he made a set for my daughter to give to me using wood out of my 100year old house that you couldn't hardly put a nail through. They are beautiful, and they sit in a locked area, too pretty to really use. Same with a bunch of puma's that i always had a graving for. I got cheap knives for use, the good ones are works of art and i treat them as such.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO