I've been predominantly a GM guy, but I need another diesel truck to tow trailers with. I've got five big trailers, 3 gooseneck and 2 bumper pull. GM's quality and warranty service has let me down one too many times. The latest truck is a 2016 2500HD High Country. Within the first year, the wax coating GM puts on frames started falling off and the frame started turbo rusting, they sort of half-ässed fixed it once, but the rust continues and looks terrible. Either way, I'm keeping this truck for my wife to drive this winter.

I swung into a FORD dealership today and drove an F350 Lariat 4x4 CC 8' Bed SRW. It was really comfortable, drove and handled well, the frame is painted and the body is Aluminum. I'm thinking it's time for a change. While I'm familiar with GM's truck configurations, Ford's is not just new to me, but has lots more options.

Do I get a 10,000lb GVWR F250 with the beefed up suspension in the following (basically a derated F350 SRW)

-F250 HIGH-CAPACITY TRAILER TOW PACKAGE1 (F-250 with diesel engine): 3.0" trailer hitch receiver, max. front springs, upgraded axles and 25,700-lb. GCWR

-CAMPER PACKAGE:1 front springs upgrade (unless maximum springs have been computer-selected as included equipment), rear stabilizer bar (SRW), auxiliary rear springs (F-250), and slide-in camper certification

-5TH-WHEEL/GOOSENECK TRAILER TOW PREP PACKAGE:1 1 under-bed frame crossmember, 5 pickup bed 5th-wheel/gooseneck attachment points and close-out plugs, and an integrated 7-pin connector on the driver’s side pickup bed wall

Or an 11,400 or 11,500 GVWR F350 SRW with

-5TH-WHEEL/GOOSENECK TRAILER TOW PREP PACKAGE:1 1 under-bed frame crossmember, 5 pickup bed 5th-wheel/gooseneck attachment points and close-out plugs, and an integrated 7-pin connector on the driver’s side pickup bed wall

Are there any other features that are must haves or must avoid?

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty