After studying a few hundred window stickers, I'm still swimming in options. I really want the Lariat's comfortable seats, but don't need any of the other crap. I don't need a navigation system, especially one that I can talk to. I don't need FordPass Connect or to turn the truck into a wifi hotspot. I don't need adaptive steering, fake wood accents, carpet or a moonroof. Who the hell goes in to a Ford dealership asking for Super Duty with a colossal moon roof? Really, it's insane— horse women and Italians?

I found an almost perfectly equipped XL with STX package, it's missing one minor option. I worry about the fixed height seat, I've got lot's of 1000 mile trips coming, like 30.

My two current trucks are fully loaded. It's been my default path. It's easy, particularly when there's a really good deal to be had. Not being familiar with Fords is like fresh eyes. When configuring a truck build, I'm first checking off all the options my current trucks have that I've never used.

Regarding adaptive steering, my 2016 High Country has adaptive steering and I hate it. It's always trying to pull the wheel straight on the highway. The faster I drive the harder it tries. On any straight road with a crown, you end up holding the wheel so it's favoring whatever direction is toward the centerline. Just a bit, but adaptive steering tries to pull the wheel straight. It's merciless, until you've driven on a straightaway at 75mph for 20 minutes. It's a slow learner.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty