I just bought a 2019 10k GVW 250 Kingston.

I got the camper package that came with the heavier springs and alternator. It sits approximately 1” taller than normal with this package and the snowplow prep is 2” taller and comes with an even heavier duty alternator. I was leery but it rides like a Cadillac compared to the 2002 10k 1ton I had before it.

My criteria when me and the dealer were looking for a truck was locking diff and rubber floors with cloth seats. I also like the base model radio/info center. I had heard too many horror stories of constant updates and system crashes to try the Sync3 navigation/information/stereo.

I’m a gasoline guy, not pulling a backhoe around every day for a living so I stay away from diesels. If gas is an option you can be confident in the 6.2. We have a pretty big fleet at work and they drive the piss out of them on and off road. In millions of miles the head mechanic told me last week they’ve replaced one transmission and two transfer cases. Other than that just oil and filters.

Of course we have a pretty good flock of F550 diesels now and they’ve been trouble free so far. They just added the diesels in 2017. The 2 Ram 5500 diesels bought at the same time have already been banished to the auction for being garbage.

One other thing I discovered when buying mine. If you don’t have to have all the heated seats and real whizbangs you get with the top trims. You can get a pretty dang nicely equipped pickup a fair bit cheaper by getting an XL with the STX package over an XLT. Mine is an STX and has 2 less features than my dad’s XLT, both features I didn’t want, plus mine had the factory spray in liner. Mine was about $3k less sticker price.