Originally Posted by DigitalDan
I'm of the thought that while effective at closer range than most, CCI SV is not the best ammo for high precision. Every style of European match ammo I've shot in 4 RF rifles shames it...badly. HV ammo is a non-starter for long range.

Long range 22 shooting is not a precision event, or cold bore first shot kill. statistically the advantage over at least the +1000000 some odd rounds that I've shot out of 20 or so different guns over a period of 50 years does not warrant the price difference.

The BC of most 22 rounds is somewhat lower than a freight car, and wind is the big determination. (and thats not saying anything about "nose" damage occurring during packaging) I shoot in open country western plains, not a gun ranges with berms etc. Winds change frequently in speed and direction. Any advantage given by match ammo is taken away by a bad wind call.

Biggest advantage of shooting 22 is mechanical and educational, correct gun placement, (shoot prone mostly) correct grip, correct bolt movement (not "loosing" target) etc.

Anschutz is nice, and Vudoo nice no doubt.

but if Im going to that cost level, I go to a GAP .223, or similar

Most people don't have what it takes to get old