Not disagreeing with you on accuracy, as far as precision and shooting groups go.

Just saying that a 4moa cone of fire at 300 yards is all you need, shooting 22s a very wide spectrum hobby, folks starting into long range 22 are confused by the some of the things used in precision events that aren't necessary for them to have fun and learn some long range tools.

some folks into long range 22 tend to carry things over from 50 and 100 yd bullseye that aren't necessary. If you they want to use expensive guns and ammo, great their choice.

but you can have all the expensive toys/ammo and if you aren't using good technique. you'll never know the difference.

how much difference extreme spread in velocity is seen depends on time of flight, and target size. If I just released a shot and know that my technique was good, but the shot was low or high, I know it was the velocity spread.

my 1000 yd handholds in bigger calibers run around 10 to 20 fps in spread, any thing more shows up pretty fast. 50 fps in 22 at 300 isn't a big deal with a 4moa cone of fire.

Most people don't have what it takes to get old