I have always loved movies and "going" to movies.
As a child (65+ years ago) I especially looked forward to Friday nights when my parents would drop myself and my younger and older brothers off at one of the movie theaters in my home town and they would head over to their Eagles Club to socialize with friends. Yeah this was safe to do back in the 1950's!
Last night the VarmintWife and I headed out for the long drive to a "modern" theater with a large screen and a great sound system to see the movie "Ford vs. Ferrari".
I am glad we made that effort.
We were not just entertained by this movie we were "blown away"!
This movie ranks in the top three movies I have ever seen (and I literally have seen them all over the last 65+ years!)!
I won't spoil ANY of the many surprises and insights about the characters or the plot of this fantastic movie for anyone but I will expand a bit on my impressions.
First of all the casting was PERFECT!
The story line (writing) was PERFECT and for most of the movie spellbinding!
The production of the movie spared NO expense in recreating, realistically the era and the locations, that I could ascertain.
The acting was nothing less than outstanding at every level from supporting cast to the main actors!
I have ALWAYS been a performance car admirer and I won't go into the particulars of that now - my main concern is convincing anyone/everyone to go see this movie on a "big screen" and in a theater with a great sound system!
I highly recommend this movie to all - not just those of us with an admiration of the American automotive industry and many of the icons of this era.
Go see the movie and if you can figure out how to attach a seat belt to your theater seat I suggest you do so!
I give this movie a strong (near perfect!) 99 on my movie scale of 1 to 100!
I can't wait to see it again.
I give "kudos" to ALL that participated in the production of this fantastic movie.
I hope you will enjoy this movie as much as I did.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
P.S.: A trailer to view for those that may need convincing!

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyYgDtY2AMY