I have a Remington BDL with that high glossy bowling ball finish that worked like a signal mirror and probably spooked more deer than I would liked to have known about. So one day, I got a wild hair up and got the wild idea why not give it a rub down with so 0000 (4O) steel wool. About 10, maybe 15 minutes of gentle rubbing with the steel wool and the rifle now looks much better with a subdued finish that doesn't flash in the sun.
I've done one Browning and don't like what they use. My B78 shows cracks in the finish that run with the grain. The T-bolt .22 I had had the same problem leading to the refinish. I'm sorry I ever sold that one.
On loads for the .270, I happened upon Winchester's WMR shortly before they discontinued it and lucked out on four 8 pound cans before it disappeared. I don't shoot 130 gr. bullets in the .270 but have good loads with the 150 gr. Sierra Game King and 150 gr. Nosler Partition, both running close to 2900 FPS. It also works great in the .280 Remington and .300 Win. Mag. I did have a good load, again with the 150 gr. GK and milsurp 4831 that chronographed at 2999 FPS for three shots. Groups ran around .80" average.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE