Mine walked into Ichthyology class in a pair of skin tight spandex jogging pants, took a seat a few rows in front of me. Long hair down to her waist. Needless to say, I was intrigued. wink

Had fish labs with her along with some other classes. Study groups too.

By that point in life I had a "list" of some things I wanted in a woman. Like earns her own way, had to like dogs and the outdoors etc. She and I both "dated" others before we got together.

Early dates involved taking my 14-15 year old dog to the beach. Somehow I talked her into joining me on a camping/scuba trip with my class, she had already graduated and moved back to civilization to work, but came up to camp. She conveniently left the poles to her one person tent at home and reluctantly agreed to sleep in my tent..................in separate sleeping bags. Guaranteed, nylon fabric and down filling DO NOT conceal much in the way of a man's "intentions", she definitely knew what was up (pun intended). shocked

Found out after we had started dating that she was the gal in the picture in the Student Union recreation catalog that taught Belly Dance. (Shakira's hip shakin' has nothing over my wife's) cool

Eventually, she moved back to go to grad school and moved in with me . Been together since, mostly. Rough patch once where she took a job away, I can be a bit of an a-hole and had some more growing up to do. I think our living and working in different locations over the years has a lot to do with our being able to stay together. Hard to get into big fights when you're on the phone for a whole 15 minutes a day. Least it was for us.

How long? Look for another thread in a few minutes.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?