Slow morning for me, probably slow brained as well to post on this thread! grin

Met my wife in college. She bought me at a Sadie Hawkins slave auction, with a date at the end of the day. We doubled with a friend from Montana who had a pristine 38 (?) Buick straight 8 with suicide doors.

Next un-date was an impromptu beach trip with another pair of friends. She sat on a stone wall extending into the low surf, and the next morning in a class we had together I sketched her as I recalled her sitting on that wall, kind of wistful, from behind looking out to sea. She loved it, still has it. I think that secured the deal. After a big banquet one night later that year, my roommate and I split the cost to charter a Beechcraft Bonanza flight with our dates over the lights of Los Angeles, out to Catalina Island, etc. Skipped meals to cover the cost...

Her Dad suspected something serious so he invited me to come bow hunt for deer with him between Christmas and New Year in our home state of Washington. We both got deer, my first with a bow, and apparently I passed the family review.

FWIW, when a young man spoke of marriage to my daughter, (a line dancing, outgoing career gal who was working for a Senator in DC at the time) she told him to go out west, meet her father and her brothers and then talk to her of marriage.

Wife and I have been married 51 years, only regret is maybe to have married her sooner, cherished her better the whole 50 years..