With the leaves mostly down but the snow not quite here (coming soon), thought I'd go out for a weekend grouse hunt last Saturday. Been wanting to try my Midland 20ga backpacker and luckily I was able to get into a few grouse. I've had my 410 out the last couple times and so when the first bird flushed I didn't let it get out far enough and I pretty much hammered it. Thankfully I had a spreader shot load in the chamber, otherwise it would have been inedible. A little bit later I flushed another one up and this time let it get a bit further out before shooting and that one was much less peppered. Saw another bird after that but it snuck away into some thick brush and I never could find it. But 2 is pretty successful for a dogless hunter and I count myself lucky when I get even 1! All in all the little Midland is a great shotgun for the money. Very lightweight, packs nicely into a daypack, points super quick, and although the trigger is a bit heavier than I'd like it isn't bad, and when a bird flushes I don't even notice the pull. Attached a pic of the gun and birds plus a couple of the terrain.

[Linked Image from backyardlivingsource.com]