I've been there.....had the prostate removed at 57.... had to follow up with low dose radiation 3 years later...

so far it has been undetectable.... I had my work done at CTCA in Phoenix....

was inspired by a local friend, who at 77, had a PSA count off the charts...
had his prostate removed, did the same low dose radiation at Cancer Treatment Centers ...

he's 88 now and still as ornery as ever......so don't give up yet... unless that is what you want to do..

working in the medical field for 40 plus years, I've seen a lot in life and helped people deal with it...
for my own personal philosophy, which is contrary to accepted medical practice...
is Quality of Life....

When my own life gets to the point, that there is no Quality of Life left in it, that is the time the Good Lord is telling me its time to come home...
That will be my personal choice..... that is a decision each person has to make on their own...

Quality of life, is gone when I would become a financial burden to my family, when I'm really of no use in life, and would need people to do simple daily living assistance for me just to make it from dawn to dusk daily.

Your health and your outcome are in my prayers Hubert... everyone who has to deal with that is my brother.. the biggest prayer from me is that you can come to peace with whatever your decision is... and that your family can accept it and also be at peace with it...

we all have a beginning and we all have an end.... we have no control over either, we only have control over what is in between that period...
One of God's greatest gifts is to have been able to live a good life...and I pray the Good Lord has given you that blessing...

God be with you Hubert...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez