I am not an expert on this, although I was a gunsmith's flunky and I would advise to proceed only if you have great patience and have a finicky nature. It is a task fraught with peril for someone who wants to 'git er done'. Some tips I did learn: no effort is too great in the degreasing stages, every single screw hole, dovetail, nook and cranny need to be thoroughly attended to. Harsh chemical washing is almost a must (forget quick and easy brake cleaner), Oakite, mixed per instructions was an effective cleaner and the acid in it preps the steel. The "sweat box" must be used in a room of near constant temperature, day and night, condensation causing drips and runs can ruin the job. Don't get carried away with polishing, the higher the polish the more difficult to get a uniform job. The fellow I worked for specialized in rebarrelling Brownings and 1st generation Weatherbys. His work was well regarded. I recall that he dreaded rust blueing high nickel content actions, matching barrel and action were difficult at best.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.