gnoahh, It's one Brownell's sold, by golly I don't recall if its the NECG they list now but it was supposed to be a very good normal trigger if you work with it. The set part appealed to me back when I was enamored with light triggers. The idea was my idea of the ultimate East River SD deer rifle. I've always liked the lines of a full stock so it's that with a Shilen (#3?) barrel in .270. 20" barrel which Mule Deer said should work. Got a nice stock from the previous incarnation of Richard's so plenty of meat to work with. Not spectacular but better than good. One thing I want to try is a nice checkered bubinga burl inlay under skeletonized butt plate and grip cap. And a styleized butterknife bolt handle, hate the looks of a ball and it's no use to me the way I work an action. That's where the project stopped. Welded on a chunk of steel and after a lot of grinding I'm not satisfied so when it starts again cut it off and try again. Brownell's had a simple but classy checkering pattern with just a hint of carving which I think I can track down that really appealed to me. And of course it would require a pretty rust blue.

Sorta classic the way I would've liked it to be. Would like to try that in black powder. There was a Pennsylvania school, the name escapes me, that focused on the lines of the wood and steel working together rather than sticking furniture all over the place. Would like to try that too. Which would be equally non-typical because I'd want a plains caliber.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.