Anybody who has ever fell through the ice gas my sympathy. Hard to explain the sensation of being instantly numb and your clothes filling with water taking you down....

Originally Posted by Longbeardking
I was with my son, ice fishing. I broke completely through and fully submerged. My son sensed something wrong. Turned and looked. He ran to the hole and grabbed material on my coat and yanked me out. I was so cold, I couldn't speak. He got me to shore and started the truck. He stripped me down to my long johns and got the heater to warm me along with hot coffee. Another time I was on top of our Thompson 24' fishing boat while it was on the trailer. I slipped and fell to the ground. I hit my head on a snowmobile trailer then hit on on a length of angle iron on the ground I was not breathing and he did CPR on me while my wife called an ambulance. I made it both times cause here I am.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo