Originally Posted by akmtnrunner

Not a bad read. Something I noticed right away was the barrels all have different twist. Is that a big deal? Probably Not!

But I am going to be knit picky here. If you are going to set strict standards for Bullet, Powder, and Barrel Length, Then why now twist as well? Keep it all same same. I am not saying the outcome of his findings would be different. Also I don't personally build a rifle around a specific powder. I find the powder and charge that best fits the bullet and rifle.

I have shot two of the three looked at in the article. I killed a nice Spring Montana Black Bear with the .30 Nosler this year. I have shot the .300 WM a bunch but never warmed up to it. The .300 PRC interest me a bunch.

So maybe I want to find the good in the PRC? The .30 Nosler is ok but I don't want to be limited to Nosler brass. In the end my take on the article is that I am not sure on two things. Was the chambers cut to the best dimensions? Does the twist difference matter? Also I don't want a 26" barrel 22" to 23" would be my preference and threaded for a can. I think in the end all three are so close it's really a matter of personal preference on which one to choose.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.