My 31 year old lumbar pack from now defunct Packs Plus (made in Utah) has served me well. I have more hours with that pack in the field and bouncing around in the truck than any other piece of outdoor equipment. Nothing on it has ever failed me. I attached a small bag to the shoulder harness between my shoulder blades for an extra pocket. Originally bought it for archery hunting and because I shot traditional bows since before Al Gore invented compound bows (or something like that). It quickly turned into my hunting daypack for everything.

But, it's starting to get a bit "floppy" for lack of a better term. The webbing and bag are stretched is the best I can describe it.

Been looking and trying on as many lumbar packs as I can the last couple years.

I like the LL Bean Ridgeline, the Cabela's Transporter, and the Muley. Although I saw the Muley I didn't have the opportunity to try on. I'm not sure about the shoulder straps only being wide webbing rather than padded. But it is made in USA, something that's important to me.

I may give Wilderness Packs a call after Christmas and see if they will take it back if I don't like it.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.