I have been fooling a lot with packs recently...

Definitely depends, to me, on whether or not I am hauling meat. I hunt several places where I always am, and another place where I walk miles while hunting but haul everything out by returning with a 4 wheeler or tractor... I am messing with a pop up 18, after selling my pinter, also now have a MR sawtooth plus a mule extra bag and a stone glacier r3 3300- gonna keep 1 of the 2 setups and sell the other after I decide. Thinking a stone glacier avail would be nice...

I also have an x1a2 and have had an x2 and used a just 1...i actually do like the bacscabbards for climbing in and out of steep areas hands-free (also use a kifaru gunbearer)

The outdoorsman's/wilderness Day pack, a bit bigger than the muley, looks interesting. Company says it carries like a lumbar. I would like to try an umlindi.

I am testing my pop up and the ither packs on a trail out back with some waist high deadfall that has come down in a few places. It really does make a difference climbing through that stuff vs the packs with the high load lifters...but clearly isn't as robust. OTH, if not meat hauling, the pop up feature ain't needed...

Choices choices