I kinda looked past the HPG....umlindi was too big...more of a daypack with a waist belt, called a lumbar pack, and their butt pack is too small. Wilderness’s day pack is more of a huge lumbar pack. So far, the Muley seems to pack up and organize well. I don’t think the straps will show any lack of padding unless well overloaded and wearing nothing but a Tshirt. Ive got some slip on pads from an HSG carrier I could throw on, if it was an issue. Side pockets are too small for larger/fatter bottles, but hold skinnies fine. More pockets in it than expected, and well thought out. Construction seems very solid, but it’s not as ‘refined’ as some of the trendy brands.....hand sewn vs mass produced, maybe? All same nylon fabric, no stretchy panels, no mesh aside from lumbar pads, nothing really to tear up. Easy to attach pouches on belt. Appears to be easily custom modded, if wanted. Has frame attachment straps, if needed. If you’re over 6’4”, I might ask for longer suspension straps.....pretty much it for now.

Last edited by hh4whiskey; 12/25/19.