I bought 12 guns for the shop I used to work for from a guy whose dad had passed and he wanted the gone and didn’t know or want to know what they might be worth. When I offered him $120 for the first one he quickly said that will work, but he meant for all of them. I tried to explain but he wasn’t interested in hearing it and sold them all to me for $10 each.

The best part was when I bought a first year 444 that was part of the deal for %10 over cost! My manager run off at the mouth and said I could have it for %10 over before he knew what I paid for it.

I bought a 16ga Ithaca 37R at the shop for $20 after the owner told the girl selling he wasn’t interested because it didn’t have a barrel. 2 hours later she came back and handed me the barrel she’d found in the meantime. She wanted to give me the whole works but I made her take the only $20 I had in my wallet.

I traded a guy a single 40 round box of American Eagle 22lr for a barreled 700 action in 222mag during the rimfire drought. He said he couldn’t find 222 mag ammo anymore and he’d broke the stock off anyway so he just wanted some 22 shells, I had one box in my door pocket.

Gave $40 for an FN sporter in 243 with a bent barrel from a snomachine wreck. Made a neat 7x57 out of it.

I have lots more village gun bargain stories.