Originally Posted by SDblackhills
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
I don't mind redundancy and have hundreds of rifles that are chambered for dozens of redundant cartridges. l have seldom met a cartridge that I couldn't like somewhere along the spectrum from "yuck" to "wow".

Originally Posted by 260Remguy
My advise would be to buy a rifle chambered in 6.5CM, if that is what you're thinking of doing, and shoot it a bit, maybe 40 rounds of 5 different brands and bullet styles of factory ammo. If you like it, keep it. If you don't like it, sell it. You'll spend a little money on the ammo and you may lose some money if you sell the rifle, but experience is seldom free and good experience always has a cost. Everybody is different and two people experiencing the exact same physical event may perceive it differently. If you depend on the experience of others to make your decisions, you may make a decision that is sub-optimal for you.

Thanks, I only have four rifles, and I'm not looking to start a very large collection. My perspective would definitely be different if I had dozens or hundreds. And as far as letting strangers on the internet make decisions for me, that's something I read on here every now and then when people ask for advice. I have no intention of letting anyone make these choices for me, but I do like to learn from others and factor the things I learn into my decisions.

If I only had 4 center-fire rifles and I lived in SD, one would be a heavy barreled colony varmint rifle and the other 3 would be the same make, model, and configuration. A couple of years ago I put together a 3-rifle set of stainless Ruger Hawkeyes in 223, 6.5CM, and 338FED that I bedded in McM Hunter style stocks that are non-redundant steps in terms of "power" and hunting niches.