Originally Posted by hasbeen1945
The Texans poor playing in their last game cost them a playoff spot. Hasbeen

Not even close to being true. The Texans clinched a playoff spot earlier by winning the AFC South title. Today they rested many of the starters since neither a win or a loss had any effect on their playoff spot. Tennesse had to win today to clinch a playoff spot, however.

From the link below:

“I just felt like we always try to make decisions in the best interest of the team,” O’Brien said about his decision to rest players. “Basically, once we got close to the beginning of the game, it was pretty obvious that our seeding wasn’t going to change so we decided to do those things in the best interest of the team.”

With the Kansas City Chiefs winning their game against the Chargers, the Texans were locked into the No. 4 seed in the playoff picture regardless of a win or loss against the Titans. Tennessee earned the No. 6 playoff spot with the win. Derrick Henry scored three touchdown runs after missing the Titans’ Week 16 loss to New Orleans with an injury while Ryan Tannehill completed 13-of-20 for 198 yards and threw two touchdown passes. The Titans will travel to the No. 3 seed New England Patriots for their AFC Wild Card matchup.

Houston finished the 2019 season with a 10-6 record and will next host the Buffalo Bills in the AFC Wild Card game next weekend.

https://www.houstontexans.com/news/...ns-resting-starters-ahead-of-wild-card-g

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ