Originally Posted by 79S
I been saying it all season a run read qb will never win a superbowl. Some say Russell Wilson was a run read qb he was to a certain extent but nothing like Lamar Jackson. Jackson threw the ball 59 times. 2 interceptions, 1 fumble. The Titans contained him for the most part and forced him to be a pocket passer and playing down 2 TD's. If Jackson going to be a SB winning qb he better become a more accurate passer. Then again hes in the NFL and Im sitting at home tying how he needs to become better LOL. Im sure he will get better..

Lamar Jackson is like a lot of Black QB's that have come into the NFL, and rocketed to fame in the first couple of years. Most soon fizzle out, and are forgotten. They have all the athletic ability in the world, but are basically one trick ponies, and when they go up against complicated defenses, they don't have what it takes to win consistently.

The Titans had one named Vince Young about 10 years ago. He was pretty good at thinking with his feet, but when it came to thinking with his head, he was useless. It's still early in Jackson's career, and he may turn out to an exception to the rule, but if I were a betting man, I'd say he'll never be an Super Bowl winning QB.