Originally Posted by BagABuck
I must disagree. These are three round I know practically nothing about besides ballistics. I take all comments into consideration. From the comments I now know: The UM is a master's rifle, i'm not a master. The. 300 SAUM is effective but unavailable. And the .300 Win. Mag. is balanced, as in decent recoil and good accuracy. I could honestly say that from the comments I've learned that knockdown is not as important as accuracy, but still needs to be relevant(Although the reason is significantly more than that). I've also learned from what i've read that 7mm SMs and .270 SMs give me a unique gun with great results. Honestly if i were you i'de be more worried about me trying to get away from the crowd and changing my opinions from other people's opinions and facts too easily. At my age(now days) when you ask about one caliber, another one I've never heard of will come up. But in all rwality, you shoot a deer in the heart with a .223 it dies, same thing with a. 50, that to me proves accuracy is more important than knockdown no matter what. That shows me that if you put that gun in your shoulder alittle more, that could effect your shot, same with flinch. So I guess i'm saying, if I'm elk hunting with a. 270, and my friend has a .375 I could care less.

Kid , in about 20 years you're gonna realise how very little you actually know right now. And by the way there is a whole slew of old farts in this thread who didn't get their first rifle bought by Daddy. They actually worked and spent their own money for it , and some of them have spent a lifetime with rifles , some of those guys have done so as a vocation.

These are the people you're attempting to lecture to and play "expert" with , they've dispensed valid fact and good advice to you,which you have more or less rejected when it didn't agree with your preconceptions. This of course begs the question of " If you Know It All then why bothering asking any of us?"

I'll give ya my standard advice for wet behind the ears knowitalls. Go buy SOMETHING and learn to shoot and get back to us in a decade or so , go learn the lessons on your own that all these folks offered up for ya..........